Thursday, October 27, 2011

I got my Top Hat Blueberry plant today!

I arrived home today and found my blueberry plant boxed up on my front step.
It was really wet and had some snow on it, so not good.

But the rain/snow had not gone through the box exterior as I found out when I opened it.

I potted it and put some soil, lots of peat moss and perlite.

The plant is very small, but the leaves do look healthy and have a fall color to them.

This pot is wider than the other pots I already have so it makes the plant look extra small.

From doing my research I have found that blueberry roots like to expand on all sides and not as much downward. This is why I made sure to give it enough room to grow well.

Here are a few pictures.




I will most likely make another video over the weekend and you'll be able to see this plant a little closer up as well.

It looks very healthy and I think it will do rather well in this large pot.

In the picture it was on the floor, but I have moved it to my table near the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment