Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's for dinner? Scallions!

I've been keeping an eye on my green onions and they are growing very well. I'm not sure how large these will get, but these are about 10 inches high. I decided to cut some down and try them in my soup tonight. I had cut some before, but I accidentally put in a lot of cayenne pepper so I couldn't really taste them.

This time I only put a little bit of pepper in there, so I'm expecting more flavor.

Here are a couple pictures.

Remember that these grow very quickly, taste good, and don't take up a lot of space in a pot. I probably have another 10 stems growing out of the same pot. The great thing is that you can cut them about an inch above soil and they will grow back. So you can enjoy scallions from the same plant several times over!


my scallion


cut scallions


cut up scallions

scallions in a broth

scallions in my noodle soup


Update: this is a pic the next day. You'll see that my scallion plant is growing back quick.


No comments:

Post a Comment