Saturday, November 15, 2014

Restarting my garden for 2015

I feel terrible letting this site sit there for over a year. My photography business really started to pick up and a few other things and although I did keep my garden alive I soon found that I had become over run with plants. In 2013 I did grow a few small plants like tomatoes, lots of peppers and more. Come 2014 I really cut back and only had a few plants, and ended up purchasing two apple trees for the outside of my house so I could harvest them yearly.

I admit that I stepped back from gardening for a while and am now starting from 0 (unfortunately I let some of my plants go). And, I feel terrible about it.

The one positive I learned from all this is that by being an over eager gardener I now know what I DO want to grow and not get overwhelmed. It can happen to the best of us. We get excited about trying this variety and that one and soon you have way more than you can handle.

Some plants require more attention than others and often times during different seasons. I've decided to stick to my original idea of growing fruits and in containers. I have three citrus plants now and a lemon guava plant as well. And, I'm looking to add a couple more to my sunroom garden.

I'm in Massachusetts and the cold is here. So I'm making sure to be very selective on what I grow that will provide food that I can eat and will enjoy instead of just to 'see how it goes'.

I will try to post updates here on a weekly basis and will try to post a video once a month if not more to update you on the different plants I have growing. Also, I'm open to any tips you might have on what you see me growing as well as any questions that you might have.

If you have been following me, I apologize for being away for so long.

Time to continue my sunroom garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment