Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Super Dwarf Cavendish Update 10/8/2011

Today was abnormally warm and I wanted to take my plants out on a field trip. So I set them up outside for  about three hours so they would have direct sunlight.

Honestly I think they liked it.

Here are a few pictures I took today as they were basking in the sun.



Plant #2 is growing well is about to open its new leaf.  A couple more sunny days and I'm sure it will open completely.

Sounds silly, but I really like this picture because the leafs are starting to get creases in them as true banana plants do. This all happened from yesterday to today. They seem to be pinching near the middle of the leaf and creating folds.  This is evident on both plants.

This is a close up of the new leaf that is about to open on plant #2.

They are really doing well and seem to like where I have placed them.

I also picked up a misting bottle, so when i'm not sure if they are thirsty or actually need it I am spraying them with a little water mist.

Update: 8/10/2011

This is that same leaf which opened last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment