Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Update 10/4/2011 of my banana plants...

All three of my plants are doing well so far. The weather has dipped a little and it's been raining a lot, but they are still doing well in my sunroom.

My #2 plant is still growing at a faster rate than my #1 plant as its getting ready to open a new leaf.
My #1 plant is still trying to fully open its new leaf. I think it just needs another couple hours of full sun. But, that's ok I know it's trying.

My basjoo tree has not changed much at all, but that's expected as I just got it in yesterday. I'm sure its still in some shock from the trip and being repotted.

Here are some pictures.

This is my plant #2. Getting ready to open up another leaf. That will give it 9 leafs once it opens.

This is my plant #1. The leaf is almost fully open now, but not quite. Hopefully one more day.

And this is my basjoo! As you can see the leaves are very different. Even though that one leaf is very yellow it might still do ok. Also you can see the main stem is different to the SDC stem as this one looks more like a tree and is much thinner and taller.  This one is planted in a 8 inch pot and the other two are planted in 10 inch pots.

Also, after reading some more online today I found that I was giving the plants too much food. So I will cut back to once every other week until it gets really cold.

All in all I'm happy with the results and they are all very healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment