Monday, November 28, 2011

don't over water your strawberries

Ok so I can now admit that I don't have a green thumb, but a blueish green one. I got over excited that my strawberry plant was growing a couple flowers and that the weather was really nice that I became overly generous in watering it. This was a week ago and I am seeing the effects now. Most of my leafs have brown tips and aren't as shiny as they used to be.

I trimmed a few leafs that looked in bad shape and even plucked off a couple as well.

It is then that I found on the other side of the plant that I have another flower trying to grow. So I'm hoping that once these leafs are out of the way and the soil dries up some more it may continue to grow as normal and produce some new leafs.

I do see some new leafs trying to grow which is a good sign. But, I'll make sure to stay patient next time and continue watering and feeding habits as normal.

note: once the leafs turn partially or fully brown they will never turn back so its best to cut them off.

I'll post a pic in a few days if it starts to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment