Sunday, November 13, 2011

quick update on some of my plants.

I took several pictures yesterday, but didn't have a chance to post them.

So I'm going to share them with you today.

Musa Basjoo
This is my first basjoo plant and as you can see its trying to grow out a new leaf! I am so pumped that these are doing se well. The leaf on the left to it just fully opened about 3 days ago. Go plant!

My strawberry plant.
This is my strawberry plant. I'm not sure what it is, but if you look in between the leaves there is some growth there. It looks like a cluster of leafs or could be a flower growing. I'm not sure, but i'll keep me eye on it. This plant has been doing very well.

Dwarf Tangerine plant
This plant has not grown at all, but the leafs are still a very nice green and I'm sure its still growing its roots and getting used to the pot. I gave it a nice soaking early in the day.

Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree
This is my Meyer Lemon tree. I'm not too happy with its condition as it is only showing one and a half stems that look ok. But it is very small at about 5 inches high. I gave it a good soak before placing in the pot. I hope to see some growth in a week or so. I am excited to see this grow.

Bunching onion - scallions
This plant has been doing very well. If you look back at earlier pictures they topped off at about 6 inches and actually that was only two little stalks that were that high and the rest were about 5 inches. I measured this plant and it is about 7.3 inches tall now. There are several stems that tall. I've made sure to give it good amounts of water daily and its been doing rather well.

Rainbow Bell Pepper Seeds
These are the Rainbow Bell Pepper seeds I ordered from Amazon. Actually, they are also from Hirt's where I got my SDC plants. I really like their products and their care. I just planted 5 of these seeds and hope they will germinate in about 2 weeks.

Green onions
This was part of my green onion project and the conclusion is "yes". You can grow them in just water. I put in some tiny clumps of soil in there in case they helped with nutrients, but that's ok. I don't know if you remember the earlier pictures of the first green onion I placed in there. It was half the height of the container and was floating in the water. Now it is a little taller than the container! So if you weren't sure this was possible it is! Grow your green onion in water! But, do make sure to change the water every 3-5 days.

Strawberry plant
Yesterday was a pretty nice day at about 58 degrees and lots of sun. I decided to place my strawberry plant outside for a few hours to soak in the sun. As you can see the leafs are a very healthy green. It loved being outside. Not sure if you can see, but a lot of the newer leafs are trying to outgrow the older leafs. They are starting to layer. This is a good sign of growth. Soon the stems will get longer and they will start leaning to a side. Then, hopefully I'll start getting some flowers and later fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment