Saturday, December 24, 2011

sunroom garden update Dec. 24th

I know it's been a while since I posted any updates, but here goes.

My strawberry plant is basically done with so I have decided to pull it and try to grow something else in its place. Although it withstood the colder temperature I managed to overwater it and most likely rot the roots. I was really looking forward to some strawberries growing. But, I plan on continuing that project in the spring.

Meyer Lemon Tree

Meyer Lemon Tree

Meyer Lemon Tree
My Meyer Lemon tree has really started to settle in. The leafs are all standing around freely and I am starting to see where some new leafs will develop soon.  The leafs are still a nice color green and I am expecting to see some growth soon. If you look closely it does look like a miniature tree with a nice trunk and large branches growing.

My small tangerine tree is also doing very well. The new leafs are fully developed and are looking great. If you look back at previous posts the leafs were the size of fingernails and now they are nice and big. I think that it will continue to grow as the sunroom does get some good sun.
Dwarf Tangerine Tree

Dwarf Tangerine Tree

Dwarf Tangerine Tree

Dwarf Tangerine Tree

My banana plants are still doing awesome. One got hit by a mini cold front, but is still growing well.  All four of them have recently opened a new leaf. I also trimmed a couple of the lower leafs on the Super Dwarf Cavendish as they were starting to get brownish. I really want them to continue to grow more leafs.
Musa Basjoo

Musa Basjoo

My fig tree is basically the same, but is probably getting ready to go dormant. It is still in good shape and does get some good sun, but I'm sure it is still developing its roots some more.

The mystery plant is still growing, but who knows it might be a weed. Or it could be a mint plant. I will have to wait until it gets larger.  I hope it is something I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment