Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quick update of my Meyer Lemon Tree buds

I just wanted to post a quick update of my Meyer Lemon Tree buds.


I happened to have a couple skeptical people on a forum that thought that perhaps I didn't have a Meyer Lemon Tree as their buds/blooms are usually purple.

So, I decided to post a more recent picture and if you look closely the largest bud on the left and the one slightly out of focus in the middle both are starting to get some purple in them.

I know these are closeups, but I'm pretty sure that the largest bud is getting very close to opening up.

I  can't wait to smell the flowers as I hear they are very refreshing.

Here's the picture I took about twenty minutes ago.

Meyer Lemon Tree buds

I really hope that by next weekend this bud decides to open up.  And soon after that I will attempt to help pollinate the flowers. On the other side of the plant I have two other clusters of buds, but they are smaller at this time.

I'll post again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment