Wednesday, February 1, 2012

following my cantaloupe sprouts day 10

I just took some pictures of my cantaloupe seeds as I'm amazed that they have grown. Here are the largest ones. I have placed them at a better spot near the window. My other container has about 5 small sprouts. I ll will wait until the weekend to pick the healthiest four or so and place them in a larger container where they will grow the rest of the way to maturity.

After much reading I have found that they require a container of at least 16 inches in width. I will pick up a large container and continue to watch these sprouts grow. I hope that they continue to grow so that in late March I can place them outside and get pollinated. Otherwise, they won't ever bear fruit.

Here is another picture.

Cantaloupe sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment