Monday, December 5, 2011

My Meyer Lemon Tree is here!

My meyer lemon tree is here!

I must say that I am very excited to get this small tree as the previous one I had ordered was very small, wasn't shipped properly and was tiny. Sure it was healthy, but would require some good tlc. I tend to keep my house on the cooler side for budgeting purposes so I gave that small plant to my friend. I'm sure in a few months hers will start to grow rather well.

So this Meyer Lemon tree was about 5 times the price of my first one, but it is in very good condition. It has a small trunk and almost 5 major branches growing off of it. It is robust with many leafs as well. Only one leaf had fallen from the transport which I'm amazed about. All the leafs like a healthy green although some may have had insects biting on them. Also, the leafs seem to be a little cramped due to the packaging, but that's normal. I think with some sun and some room to grow in my sunroom they will perk up and start to thrive soon.

Here are a few pictures I took tonight as I unloaded it and found a place for it. I am really pumped as it looks very healthy. This is a dwarf variety called the Improved Meyer Lemon Tree. It will most likely grow to only be around 3 1/2 ft tall. Right now it looks as if it's growing in a bush-like formation, but that's ok.  I'm sure it won't grow extremely fast as it is a tree, but new leafs should grow and I'm told that even flowers should develop within the next 30 days. I would guess that this tree is a little over a year old. Can't wait to see some flower buds and eventually my first Meyer Lemon!

Everything came well packed and with some growing instructions as well. Looks like these trees enjoy daily misting in the cooler months or when indoors. It is currently in a one gallon pot, but I may transplant it to a 5 gallon in a week or so where it will live most of its life. I will give it a few days to establish itself.

Here are some pics for you to see and I will make sure to post more of them on a weekly basis or so.

unpacking my Meyer Lemon Tree

Improved Meyer Lemon Tree

Improved Meyer Lemon Tree

Improved Meyer Lemon Tree

Improved Meyer Lemon Tree

Improved Meyer Lemon Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment