Monday, January 2, 2012

My Meyer Lemon tree is getting flowers!

I've had my eye on my Meyer Lemon Tree and what was once a tiny little stem looking thing is turning into a flower sprout.  A couple weeks ago there were a few tiny things developing. I think I took a couple pictures and posted them here, but they were tiny with only one of them showing a white tip.

Now, you can see that there are several and some of them are showing a flower petal formation on them.

I believe this flower grows outwards to about 3/4 of an inch and then the petals open up.  It will be interesting to watch as these will be my first Citrus flowers ever!

They shouldn't be too big, but they are supposed to be very fragrant. It is from these flowers that the Meyer Lemon will develop.

Here are a couple pictures I took today. I'm hoping that within a week or so I will start getting a couple fully grown flowers.

Meyer Lemon Tree Flower Buds

Meyer Lemon Tree Flower Buds

I will post a couple pictures over the weekend to update. Also, look at the smaller bud on the right you can see the lines of several petals on it. How neat is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment